Monday, September 26, 2011

Brilliant Retard

You know that character in the TV show that you think is sort of retarded for a lot of the show, but then out of no where they say or do something brilliant? That's me. I'm the brilliant retard. In a way, it's true. The fact is, I'm not like everyone. I'm not saying this as a put down to myself, but as a joyous compliment to myself, and maybe a way of finally saying, "Missy Moser, you're okay. and you're a little retarded, but also, you're freakin wonderful." I also think it's what makes me human and kind, but mostly retarded in a brilliant way.

I guess, what I mean to say is. I don't want to feel bad about thinking differently. I can't help it. We're all crazy in someway. The truth is, when you really study and watch people, the majority of us are strange. It's about finding people who match your crazy, but make you feel normal. If you're truly lucky, they'll take your retard and turn it into brilliance. I'm odd in the way that I think everyone has something amazing about them. I mean, not mexicans or old people. but most other people...well, I may have to rethink some of that. "some" people.

I think in an odd way, I'm grateful for being a brilliant retard. Because in a child-like way, I'm always finding things, I'm not assuming that I know everything. It allows me to take things in. I'm hugely lucky for that. 

No comments: