Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bed

I'm a bad girl and missed a day. Sorry blog followers!! I've been working 17 hour days a lot. Granted, I did have two days off in a row for the first time in what seemed like forever, but nonetheless, I am writing this after my second 17 hour day in a row. And just before I remembered that I had forgotten again, I swung my feet up on my bed and thought, boy am I grateful for this feeling, for the sheets over my toes, the give of the mattress under my legs, the pressure now lifted from my aching arches. I'm lucky that when I first had to move back home, my mother felt bad, and purchased a new mattress for the day bed in my room, my first new mattress in her house in about fifteen years or so. It was on sale and they took some money off cause it was scuffed on the bottom, and threw in a mattress cover. I could not be happier with my silly little child bed. It comforts me on nights like this. If only I could stay in it more than six hours tonight....

No comments: