Friday, August 6, 2010

Where to begin?

Since I've been trying to be in the habit of thinking about what i'm grateful for for over a month now, I'm starting to realize how much I really do have to be super thankful for. I'm also starting to add a "grateful" to every crappy thing that comes my way. I'm not happy that I'm living at home, but I'm grateful that my parents let me stay for only kicking in a few bucks for groceries a week. I hate what I must do for work but I'm grateful I have jobs. These nurses are really nasty but I'll be leaving soon, it's my choice to let them get to me or not, it's my own choice to get angry. This positive thinking has been like a virus spreading in my brain-no, virus is too negative-a vaccine then? In any case, it has taken over, and while it is not full force all of the time, it is working it's magic. I may not get two days in a row off, but thankfully, most of the time my day off coincides with my boyfriends, and I'll have the night before free, so I get a day and a half. I am grateful for that. It's gotten to the point where I have so many things for which I am grateful, I find it hard to pick what to write this blog about. I suppose it makes for better reading if I come to this realization towards the end of out 365 days, but it makes for better living if it is starting to happen already. So, to everyone who actually reads what Missy and I write, go find your inner Pollyanna. There are worse things you could be called ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_principle


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7raj1gh-M&feature=related


~Jen

No comments: