Thursday, August 19, 2010

Going Back

A friend of mine once said, "The heart doesn't break, it breaks open." Well, the last time it broke open it felt like shit! And I need a break. I'm kidding. I do think that whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, or at least more creative. The point is, it does something.  

What the hurt did for me? I stopped dating. My heart had been hurt one too many times. I needed to start over again. I needed to press to reset button. I had become too jaded. I forgot how nice simple things are, like friendships, girl dates, family nights, and time alone. I forgot what it was like to not  have anything strange in my life. I forgot what it was like to not have some kind of strange motive. To live a simple life, which sounds super lame, but it's nice. 

But even more so, I forgot how thrilling the very thought of kissing is now. The act of holding hands. The thought of cuddles. I feel like I'm 12 years old again. I guess that's why I just want friends. I just want to take things slow. I want to talk to guys. I want to play. I want to really get to know someone first, and I want all of those things to be special for me again.

So I'm grateful for the unexpected right now. I'm grateful for friendship and taking my time. Because I know that one of these days, when I'm not paying attention, one of these friends are going to pull a fast one on me. But it's going to be okay. Because this time, I know, no matter what, I took my time. I got to enjoy all of the little things. This time, the timing was right, because we both took our time. 

No comments: