Thursday, August 12, 2010

second chances

I am very lucky that in the case of most of my ex boyfriends, I am still friends. One in particular I stay very good friends with, and I realized last night that another one of my very good friends, a girl, might actually be the answer to both of their problems of "single life whoa is me I need to be married already". Thinking about it today, passing around numbers (they already knew each other, the seed was just planted), trying to arrange casual meetings, it made me very happy to play yente to them, and it made me realize that it's very true-sometimes things need to fall apart so better things can come together. My ex and I were not meant to be forever, but I enjoy him as a friend, and if I can help him and my other friend find happiness with each other, then that could have been the answer all along. When things were breaking up, I would have thought otherwise, obviously, as when you're deep in the thick of losing love, you don't have anything positive to think about anything, you are just drowning in tears and sadness and hagen das. But a few day, weeks, or years down the road, you're fine. You've moved on. You've found someone who's a better fit, who really cares about you even when you eat your hagen das. And you realize that there's somebody out there better for the other person too. Or (for the real jerks out there, not this particular ex) they'll get what they deserve ;) (which could just be to get the "girl or boy of their dreams" and have it turn out to be not as green as they thought it would be).

So, I am grateful that the heart does heal and that sometimes things can seem to happen for the reason, even if the universe is random.

~Jen

No comments: