Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More Like My Mom.

When I was little, I can remember hating how odd my family was. Wishing that my mom would be normal. I just wanted a mom that didn't burp, fart, and curse all the time. I didn't want a mom that would talk to everyone in the world. I didn't want an outgoing mom. I wanted a stay at home mom. I used to pray to god at night that he would make my mom act like a normal mom.

However, My little brother always had a better sense of humor about this, he thought she was great. I took no such joy from my mother's antics. I thought she lived to horrify me. At least when I was little. But I was a very serious child. Perhaps I needed such a mother? I needed a mom that was silly and outgoing, that would talk to everyone. She pushed me to get out of my comfort zone. She taught me a good lesson: What's the worst that's going to happen if you put yourself out there? What's the worst that going to happen? She's never been afraid to say or do anything in her entire life. She's not afraid to be wrong, or look stupid, because at the end of the day she loves to laugh at herself. Because, she loves life more than anyone I've ever known. I'm grateful to have such a woman in my life. I hope to continue to be as wonderfully brave and loving as she is. She's the light of my life. I love her more than anyone. I love her farts and everything. I grateful for all of her!

This song goes out to my Mommy-tulla

No comments: