Sunday, August 8, 2010

work

Today, I really had to focus on being grateful for having any work at all, even if I hate it. This weekend in general, really, as Saturday, while only requiring me to work one job, was still trying, with nasty nurses and inhuman working conditions plaguing my every move. Today, it was just the number of hours of continuous work that got to me, and when I was finally home, I felt like a zombie. It took all of my energy to take a shower, but as soon as I got out (about ten minutes ago) I could really take a step back and actually be grateful for the fact that I have employment. Granted, it is not yet employment that can fully support me, but it is something. And even thinking back to the OR nurse who tried to blame me for her mistake (she thanked me for helping her in the end), I'm glad I experienced and lived through this day, if only for it giving me perspective on everything else in the world, or at the very least, convincing me to go back for ANOTHER degree that might get me somewhere in life....

No comments: