Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Dancing Mirror"


Today I want to say how truly grateful I am for my mirror, otherwise known as my "dancing mirror". I've had a few through out the years, and it's a very important part of my life. I started dancing in front of the mirror when I was very little, like seven...with wigs and costumes, and not a whole lot has changed since then. I still love to get out the costume box, put on a wig or three, and play the best of the 90's, then dance until I'm dripping with sweat. I don't think I'm alone in this either, I believe lots of girls and maybe some boys love to dance alone in their room.

I'm grateful for my mirror for giving me an outlet on days when I'm sad, or bored, or anything! Because there's no wrong time to go into my room and get out the wigs, the girl scout uniform, and turn on some tunes! There's no wrong time to just dance like no one is watching! Dancing is the most wonderful thing in the whole world. It's like pure freedom. If you have a mirror, you have a partner. I just hope that as I get older, I never want to stop playing or being silly. I think that's what the mirror really is to me. It's playtime! It's knowing that I can be happy by myself. And That's pretty awesome! Thank You, Mirror!

4 comments:

That's So Missy said...

I'm grateful for Iced Coffee, my converse shoes, the fact that I grew up in a silly home, and kissing. (Even though I never get to do it, I really like to do it.)

The Cynical Optimist said...

I'm very very very grateful for air conditioning at the moment, and also all of the great people that I work with, and the fact that I have a source of income at all with so many people on unemployment these days.

And iced coffee.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for cool showers followed by drying off in front of a fan. I am also grateful that someday I'll be able to look at this comment and recall just how darn hot it was today.

Jamie said...

I love this post and relate to it so much. I realized that I miss my "mirror," and that I have not played lipsync in the mirror in a VERY long time. Thanks for reminding me!