Thursday, July 29, 2010

“Wrong” is the New Right

I’m grateful for being intense (AKA “Crazy”). I used to hate it, but I guess—after 30years, I’m finally starting to chill out and say, “This is just who I am. I’m just a wild and crazy girl!” I think for years now I’ve really tried to not be, but the truth is; this is just me, You know? And like the great and powerful Popeye says, “I am what I am, and that’s all that I am”. I don’t want to feel bad about anymore, cause I’m splendid! What I’m learning is, sometimes you can think something is a liability, an imperfection your whole life that keeps you from moving forward. Then one day, you have this moment and realize that your limitation is actually your greatest strength. The truth is, we are all full of beautiful imperfections. Everyone is totally messed up in this amazing way. It’s how we use those amazing imperfections, that truly makes us remarkable.

I’m grateful that I’m starting to not detest my imperfections, because, they’re a part of who I am, and don’t want to hate something that’s so clearly me. I’m grateful that I’m intense. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going to make me a million dollars one day. I guess I’m grateful that I’m starting to finally see that, maybe all of the things that were so wrong, were actually so right!

1 comment:

The Cynical Optimist said...

Your intensity is why Tim likes you so much, I think. I know I appreciate it.

I am grateful that I can still think like a little kid, and that I feel everything so deeply, which are things I thought of as imperfections and hated about myself for a long time too, but now appreciate.