Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quotes

Right now is a really stressful time. I'm right in the middle of moving, and there's a little more going on then I can write about on a public blog. At any rate, this move is becoming really stressful. I've noticed that whenever I get really stressed out, I start mentally quoting. Maybe that's what we do, you know? To not self destruct; when the times are getting tough, we start going through every quote in the book.

Lately, I've found myself talking to myself and saying things like, "This too shall change" "When one door closes, another opens""Which came first? the chicken...wait! That's not a quote! Focus, Missy!" But as I'm repeating these little words of wisdom, I find that if only for a moment, maybe longer, I'm relaxed. So today as I continue on this great moving adventure once more, I know I will be fine and that, "This too shall change". I'm grateful for all of these little words of wisdom to help me through, when the times are not so easy. Because it's good to know, at the end of the day, things are always changing, and that the sun will come out tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Cynical Optimist said...

I tried to comment by my phone was being stupid. Anyway, my mother would be proud! And yesterday, I was grateful for the trip to Best Buy that turned my day around, followed by a night of chinese food, movies, and cuddles that were the perfect end to it!