Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Orange Juice

My mother likes to listen to a lot of self help gurus. Self help is really the wrong term, though, since even though they are trying to get one to better oneself, they more of an enlightening and life changing sort than any of these "men are from mars, women are from venus/my mother myself/I'm my own grandpa" sort of books. But in any case, my favorite is Dr. Wayne Dyer. I have a lot of anger pent up inside, stored up from my childhood in boxes in my heart, and I've been slowly trying to clean all that crap out so I can be peaceful and happy no matter what or who. Here's a thought, following in the footsteps of Missy, from Dr. Dyer. I am grateful that listening to him, whether or not you feel he's a quack or even if I think he's one, makes me feel better about life. It doesn't matter how you get there, but if you can make your way to happiness without hurting anyone, including yourself, do it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if they are quacks, if they make you feels better for even a moment that counts. I am grateful for the things that make us feel better, no matter how ridiculous.

That's So Missy said...

I loved that! If you're sweet like an orange than that's what's always going to come out! That's great! Thanks for that. Today I'm grateful for the rice and beans I had from my deli. I'm grateful that I get to watch Buffy the Vampire slayer while working my overnight. Also, that I'm working with Derek tonight. He's an angel.