Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Going for Myself

I’m grateful that I’ve taken a breather from dating for a little bit, or possibly forever (I'm kidding, I'm too romantic and gay). Anywho, Today at work one of my co-workers said, “You seem so happy, are you seeing someone?” and the truth is, I’ve been a lot happier, because I’m not seeing anyone. Because for the first time in forever I don’t have too care about checking my phone, dressing up, looking cute, shaving my legs (not that I ever did), I only need to care about myself. I guess in a way, I should have been doing that all along, but, better late than never. Right now, as James Carr would say, "I'm going for myself now"...


1 comment:

The Cynical Optimist said...

I'm grateful to my mom for cutting my bangs, and for having a mom that's always been so talented at everything, making me take for granted some times how amazing she really is.