Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Work...yes, folks, I know...

how much I will produce that shift. On my first day coming from central supply to my new job as an instrument aide for the OR on the other side of the room (in our minds, a promotion, per diem to part time with benefits) they bought me a cake, a "welcome to the department we're really happy you're here" cake. Who else can say they got a cake on their first day? It was just such a lovely gesture, and they're the type of people who have really become aunts, cousins, sisters, and moms to me, looking out for me professionally and personally. And to think, I never even knew these jobs existed before I filled oBut truly, I am very grateful for my job, for both of my jobs, at the hospital. Granted, they are not for what I went to graduate school, or even have anything to do with my bachelor's degree, but in this economy, I am thankful I have one, let alone one that will offer me health insurance come August (I already got the cards in the mail! Weee!!) While I don't enjoy all of my co-workers (who does?), I have met some really great friends at this place, and even the people I don't enjoy working with are good people. It's a little family, and I like going there every day even if I don't always like the work, because I know when I get there the folks that will greet me actually care about me beyond how I leave my work station, how fast I'll complete my trays, orut an application that said I'd pretty much do any task at the hospital for money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for the work ethic instilled in me by my family. It sucked getting up at 4 in the morning to work when I was 10, but now everything seems far easier and I appreciate being tired at the end of the day.

That's So Missy said...

I loved this. I am grateful for my work family as well. I have a lot of moms, sisters, dads and brothers. They save my life sometimes. They bring me huge amounts of joy! So, thank you for reminding me to be thankful for them.