Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Race

Today I'm grateful for deadlines. They are the ticking time bomb of life. I'm moving at the end of this month. No matter what, I have to be out of my apartment by the end of this month. I just found out, in addition to packing and moving my stuff; I now have the luxury of getting rid of all of my previous roommates stuff. He has left me with it and isn't coming back. A stress I wasn't really expecting. I just have to man-up and deal with it though, because I have a deadline! Also, because crying and doing nothing about it, won't make his stuff go away.

Although, sometimes we have good deadlines, things we look forward to finishing. We even race to finish them before they need to be done! We stress a little, but it's a great stress! The kind that makes you feel alive! The truth is, I love deadlines because they show you what you're made of. At the end of the day, whatever happens, happens. I think Nike said it best when they said "Just do it!"... because that's all you can do. Even when life's kicking you, and you're freaking out. You just gotta do it. But when it's great, then it's like this awesome feeling of, "yeah, I'm doing it!" Either way, good or bad, you know...you learn, you can make it through anything.

I'm grateful for these little tests that show, I can make it through anything. With every good race, you need a finish line, otherwise you're just running in circles.

No comments: