Friday, July 23, 2010

You get more bees with honey

My mother has always said, "You get more bees with honey". That's hard to believe sometimes when there are so many douche bags in the world. However, I do believe that when you really look around at all of the amazing people out there. There are far more wonderful people, that are kind and lovely; people that are doing the best they can everyday. Those are the people we all have to watch. Everyday at work I have these lovely souls that I give the biggest bear hugs, and I would be just beside myself if I didn't get those. I think about the people on the street that I flash a smile at, and they smile back. I think about my friends. I keep thinking, New York isn't cold, New York is what you make it. Life is what you make it. If you make it light and lovely, it will be. If you look and your actions and make things fun and joyous, that's how most of the world will react. Some people will be dicks, ignore them! Whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right? So in a way, all those bad things, the shit in the world, it's all the shit that we need to use as fertilizer to help us bloom.

I'm not saying that things will be easy or fun all the time. My life is stressful, everyone's is. We're all doing the very best we can. But I also know, there are some wonderful people in my life, that truly care about. That makes me grateful for everyday. Even though, I sometimes want to say, "Eat shit!" to everyone I see, I just smile and say, "Hi!" and know we're all doing the best we can. Because, We are!


"If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?"
~Rumi

1 comment:

The Cynical Optimist said...

I love that quote!

I am grateful that however bad my day was today, I was able to keep fairly happy, and look on the bright side, and turn it around. For probably the first time in my life, I didn't let my bad day put me in a bad mood. And things got better because I would not let anyone get me down:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LBn6rq8OlE