Thursday, July 29, 2010

The little things

Today, I am grateful for the little things in life that make me happy, such as stationery. I went shopping with my mom, and came upon the back to school aisles. It really makes me wish I was still in college, studying something, so that I could stock up on pens, paper, notebooks, binders, staples, paperclips, folders, highlighters, pencils....sigh. I love the smell, the feel, organizing them, using them. When I was little, I wanted to be a college professor at some point so that I would always have to go stocking up on such things, and then quickly changed my mind when I realized how much effort getting to that point would take. Now I have a master's in education, probably because subconsciously I knew I'd need an ungodly supply of crayons eventually.

Sometimes, I buy notebooks and pens I don't need. Because someday I might need them. they call to me. Especially when it's a good deal. Because nobody loves a good deal more than me. That's a blog for another day....


~Jen

No comments: