Friday, July 2, 2010

Effortless Friendships

"I like my friendships like I like my coffee, light and sweet"

When I think about one of the things I'm most grateful for, I think about my friendships.I’m so grateful for all of my dear friends that are beautifully easy. I wish I had a better word, but I don’t. It’s the best way to describe these amazing people that I’ve been blessed with. They take very little effort. Not that I wouldn’t bend over backwards, or take a bullet for these people, because I would! My friends are like my family, and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them. I’m lucky to have friends that are so light and easy. Folks I know I can call whenever, for anything. Buddies that will snuggle with me for hours. Friends that, no matter what, accept me and love me as I am. Which, to be totally honest is a little silly sometimes, and by "silly" I mean, crazy. The great thing is, they kind of love that about me...which is why they're wonderful! It’s pretty awesome when you can find people like that.

To all of those amazing friends out there, whether I see you everyday or once a year...I love you! I'm grateful for you everyday, but mostly thank you, for being easy.

3 comments:

The Cynical Optimist said...

Today, I am grateful the unconditional love from the animals with which I am fortunate enough to live.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for music the permeates the marrow of my bones.

That's So Missy said...

I'm grateful for tacos, for they do nothing but bring me loads of joy! Taco and I have never had a bad time together. Taco means, friends and lovers. Taco means, Joy!